- The process of asking to rename an image file that had the wrong image file
extension type (".gif" when it should be ".jpg" for
example) didn't work as it should.
- The "Rename All" feature that renames all images in a document
always renamed the files to use the ".jpg" file extension regardless
of the actual image type.
- New file format. Old versions of TILER (and pre-beta 8
versions of v2.0.0) will not be able to read album files saved by this version. The new version can read older,
- Can drag and drop images within the same album file to rearrange images.
- When loading multiple images:
- The load can now be canceled before it finishes.
- (beta8) An estimate of the time remaining to load all images is
- Have the option of saving image paths relative to the album file location.
This means that if you move the album file and images together to a different folder or drive, TILER will still be able to locate all the
image files. (see "File -> Document Preferences" menu item)
- Sizing an image window now constrains to the image's aspect ratio.
- Keep a MRU list of folders to which files are moved. List displayed in image pop-up menu.
- TILER will offer to rename any images it finds which are named with the wrong file
- User can now set the font to use for text above/below thumbnail images (File -> Application Preferences -> Images -> Set Font).
- New JPEG reading code (version 6b).
- (beta7) Can now copy single images to the clipboard. Double click the
thumbnail to open the image, size the window to the desired image size, then
"Edit -> Copy" from the menu.
- (beta8) Can now type a file name (or part of the name) to select it. Just
like in an Explorer window.
- (beta8) Can now turn off the page header on print outs. (File --> Page
- (beta8) The number of images to print across a printout page is now
stored as part of the document rather than being an application wide setting.
- (beta8) The automatic image sorting preference is now a document
preference rather than an application wide setting.
- (beta 8) The voices can now be turned off separate from the other
- Finally got image name sorting to exactly match the way the operating system sorts file names.
- Sometimes when viewing an image in its own window, the initial window size was too big. Corrected.
- Removed the delay experienced when displaying a new thumbnail for the first time when the image file is on a slow device.
- Fixed problem of album window title bar appearing below menu and not being
- (beta6) Fix bug that would prevent TILER from renaming all images during a "Rename
All" operation. For instance, if the file "Archer.jpg" needed to be renamed
to "Plane 04.jpg" but there was already a "Plane 04.jpg" because it hadn't been renamed to "Plane 05.jpg" yet, TILER would fail to rename the file.
- (beta6) Fix problem generating a good thumbnail for images with a height-to-width
or width-to-height aspect ratio very close to zero.
- (beta7) Fixed crash when reading certain JPEG files.
- Other bug fixes I forgot to write down.
- Zoom-In feature. Drag a rectangle around a portion on an image to zoom-in at that area.
- Toolbar icons appear in menu.
- New toolbar. Flat-style and new icons.
- Increased the maximum thumbnail image size from 200x200 to 250x250.
- Removed right-button double-click option to better conform to Windows standards.
- "Preferences" menu item now available if no document window is open.
- Bug fixes.
- BUG FIX: Font size used for name of image while printing varied and was too large.
- BUG FIX: The Sort button on the toolbar now works again (broken in v1.5.5).
- NEW: Most recent folder used in Copy or Move now tracked for quick access along with
- File search dialog now lets you choose if you want to search in sub-folders or not.
- Allow for separate thumbnail views. One for display, the other for the clipboard. See
"File --> Preferences --> Images".
- Can now set the sort direction. See the "Image --> Arrange" menu.
- Added option to turn off checking for image changes when opening a document. See
"File --> Preferences --> Documents".
- Use "File --> Preferences --> Images" to set the format of thumbnail
- "Edit --> Copy" menu item to copy the current document window to the
clipboard as a bitmap.
- Better behavior under "Large Fonts".
- Now use standard Windows 95 directory browsing dialog for choosing a directory (not
under NT 3.51). If you don't like this, let me know and I can tell you how to switch back
to the old one.
- Favorite Folders for quickly moving images. Set the folders through "File ->
Preferences -> Favorite Folders". The folders set there will be displayed in
"Images -> Move To" and the pop-up menu when you right-click an image.
- Selected image is now colored with the user's chosen highlight color instead of red.
- Right mouse button click during slide show reverses direction (just like pressing 'R').
- Right-clicking image is now more Windows 95 like. Button must come up for menu/dialog
- Right-click can now be used to immediately view the image in full-screen mode (File
--> Preferences --> Application).
- In addition to the arrow keys, you can now use PageUp, PageDown, Home and End to change
the selected image.
- You can now set the number of files that appear in the Recent File list: "File
-> Preferences -> Application".
- You can now sort by Name, Type, Size, Date. See the new "Image --> Arrange"
- NEW: Add "Rename All" feature to rename all images in the document using a
sequential numbering system.
- NEW: Support for optional document compression. "*.TLR" files can now be
compressed if you want. See "File::Preferences::Documents::Document
Compression". The down side is that it takes longer to save and load a compressed
file. Although this version will read your old files, older versions of TILER will be
unable to read compressed files.
- NEW: Added option to display file name during full-screen and slide-show viewing. See
"File::Preferences::Slide Show::Display file name".
- NEW: Added "Confirm on file delete" option to "Document" options. Be
careful if you turn this off.
- NEW: Now save and restore toolbar and status bar settings.
- NEW: Most-Recently-Used (MRU) file list no longer saved in TILER.INI file. Now uses
registry. Everything is now in the registry.
- CHANGE: SOUND1.WAV, SOUND2.WAV and SOUND3.WAV are no longer needed. You may delete these
files from your old instalation.
- CHANGE: "Edit Title" menu item moved from "Images" menu to
- BUG FIX: Fixed bug in directory choosing dialog.
- BUG FIX: "Remove file extensions in display" option was not removing
- BUG FIX: Error converting time-zones on file times. Sometimes caused change scanning to
- BUG FIX: Incorrectly read some 1 and 4 bit BMP files.
- Changed my mailing address.
- Fix problems launching user application.
- Fix Windows 95 problem renaming image files.
- Add new registration methods to dialogs.
- Add shortcut for slide show (Ctrl+W).
- Add shortcut for user application launch (Ctrl+L).
- No longer add duplicate images. If an image has the same name, same path, and same date
as an image already in the document, it will be skipped.
- Add the ability to reverse the slide show direction. Simply press "R" while
viewing the slide show. There will be a slight delay as the previous image is loaded.
- Added directory information to image properties dialog.
- Scroll bars now adjust properly when dropping images into a document.
- Changed file format to include the date/time of the file. This means that document files
produced by this version can not be read into earlier versions.
- Directory lists now sorted under Windows 95 in directory choosing dialog.
- Audio CD's no longer appear in directory choosing dialog.
- Hour glass cursor in appropriate places.
- Auto-enlarge and Auto-shrink while viewing full screen now function again.
- Fixed known Windows NT 4.0 problems.
- Toolbar is now re-sizeable.
- Have the option of trying to continue to read JPEG files that have errors in them.
- Read BMP files that have incorrect size information.
- Now use user colors for 3D appearance instead of always using light-gray.
- Added "Auto-Slide-Show" feature (see ReadMe file).
- Updated JPEG code from the Independent JPEG Group. Now read more JPEG files than before.
- Fixed bug that prevented the stopping of slide shows when you turn off using the
space-bar to advance through the images.
- Fix directory selection. It would never work under Windows 95 and would not work with
more than just a few files under Windows NT (broken by version 1.2.2).
- New directory browsing dialog. Very Windows95'ish.
- TILER now remembers its last screen location.
- Fixed problem of not being able to bring TILER to foreground during image read after
having been put into background while loading an image.
- Can remove the file extension from image names to save screen space.
- Fixed Windows 95 problems.
- Added progress bars while loading images.
- TILER now requires version 3.51 of Windows NT.
- JPEG file reading is about 34% faster and makes lower memory demands on the
- Image files with more image data in them than there should be will no longer crash the
- Clicking noise when clicking on an image.
- Sucking noise when removing an image.
- The right mouse button can now be used to bring up a pop-up menu instead of a dialog
box. (See the Options dialog box.)
- Option to not prompt to save empty documents.
- Display of free disk space in status bar.
- Fixed crash when closing a document.
- Increased volume of sound files.
- Will now always find sound files if they are located in the same directory as the EXE
- Added a version resource.
- Now read 1, 4, 8 and 24 bit Windows BMP files.
- Now read interlaced GIF images.
- New 3D look.
- Faster screen refreshes.
- Full screen image viewing (Ctrl+F).
- Slide shows.
- Dockable toolbar.
- More buttons on the toolbar.
- Tool tips.
- Better graphics card support.
- Options dialog is now a property sheet.
- Image properties window.
- Image sorting is no longer case sensative.
- The occasional divide by zero error when no images are loaded, is gone.
- Fixed a few menu item help lines. That's all.
- A bad GIF/JPEG file will no longer abort an entire "Add Directory" command.
- File times are now interpreted correctly in time zones other than the east coast of the
- Can now read GIF images that contain a Graphic Control Extension.
- Application options are now stored in the registry. The MRU file list is still stored in
TILER.INI until Microsoft changes it.
- The directory browse dialog box is now bigger and shows more directories.
v1.0.0 - 11/13/94 - Initial release.